- Most Viewed
- By Topic
- EBRI Bibliography By Topic
- Data Book
- Facts from EBRI
- Fast Facts
- Issue Briefs
- Policy Books
- President’s Reports
- Press Releases
- Special Reports
- Benefit Bibliography
- Benefit FAQs
- Links to Other Internet Resources
- Reference Shelf
- Special Issues of Periodicals
- What’s New in Employee Benefits
The Choose to Save® Education Program
Financial security is one of the most important issues for most Americans. Whether it's putting kids through college, saving for an emergency, buying a house, or saving for retirement - having enough money for life's demands is among our biggest concerns. And yet, many Americans have not taken even the first steps toward a secure financial future.
The Emmy and Telly award-winning Choose to Save national public education and outreach program is dedicated to raising awareness about the need to plan and save for long-term personal financial security.
As part of its mission, Choose to Save develops user-friendly, multimedia materials to help individuals plan and save for their financial future, including:
- Public service announcements (PSAs) using humor, powerful images, and compelling information to encourage viewers (and listeners) to take charge of their financial future.
- ChoosetoSave.org- a Web site completely devoted to financial education. It includes free savings tools such as the Ballpark E$timate retirement planning worksheet, over 100 online calculators, brochures, savings tips, links to related resources, and other tools to help individuals and their family manage their finances. Visitors can also view and listen to the PSAs from the Web site.
- A variety of free savings tools and brochures focused on topics such as Saving for Your Familys Future, Just Starting Out, The Magic of Compounding, Maximizing Your Company Savings Plan, Why Open an IRA, Its Never Too Late to Save, and much more.
Developed by the Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI) and its American Savings Education Council (ASEC) program, Choose to Save utilizes the power of the media to promote the idea that saving today is vital to a secure financial future.
The Choose to Save® public education program has delivered savings education to the public through radio and television since 1997. All radio and television public service announcements (PSAs) are nationally distributed on the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) and Associated Press (AP) Network feeds, with world-wide distribution via the American Armed Forces networks, military bases and navy ships. Additionally, Choose to Save® PSAs and long programming, such as Mission Retirement, are currently running on the Starfish Television Network, a non-profit organization operated on the Dish Network. All CTS PSAs and related materials are free to the public.
- 401(k) Valuations Published: March 3, 2015 401(k) Balances and Changes Due to Market Volatility
- Data Book Last Updated: February 2013 A comprehensive collection of the most up-to-date benefit information available