- Most Viewed
- EBRI Bibliography By Topic
- Data Book
- Facts from EBRI
- Fast Facts
- Issue Briefs
- Policy Books
- President’s Reports
- Press Releases
- Special Reports
- Benefit Bibliography
- Benefit FAQs
- Links to Other Internet Resources
- Reference Shelf
- Special Issues of Periodicals
- What’s New in Employee Benefits
Copyright© - Employee Benefit Research Institute Education and Research Fund, 1978-2015. All rights reserved.
The Employee Benefit Research Institute does not imply approval of linked sites, warrant the accuracy of any information set out in those sites or endorse any material/product described and/or offered therein. All Web sites operate under the auspices and at the direction of their respective owners, who should be contacted directly with any questions regarding the content of these sites.
The information contained herein is not to be construed as an attempt to provide legal, accounting, actuarial, or other such professional advice. Permission to copy or print a personal use copy of this material is hereby granted and brief quotations for the purposes of news reporting and education are permitted. Otherwise, no part of this material may be used or reproduced without permission in writing from EBRI-ERF.
EBRI and EBRI-ERF's Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions.
THE ACCURACY OF THIS CALCULATOR/PHAMPLET/STUDY OR ANY OTHER ITEM ON THIS WEBSITE OR REACHED THROUGH ANY LINK FROM THIS WEBSITE AND ITS APPLICABILITY TO YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES IS NOT GUARANTEED. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS OBTAIN PERSONAL ADVICE FROM QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS.
Terms and Conditions
THE ACCURACY OF THE EBRI OR EBRI-ERF INFORMATION, DEFINED BELOW, AND ITS APPLICABILITY TO YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES IS NOT GUARANTEED. YOU SHOULD OBTAIN PERSONAL ADVICE FROM QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS.
1. Use of the EBRI or EBRI-ERF web site and/or the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information licensed by other companies for use on their web sites ("Licensees' Web Sites") is covered by the following terms and conditions. By using the EBRI or EBRI-ERF web site and/or the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information, you, the site visitor agree to the following terms and conditions.
2. EBRI or EBRI-ERF provides, through this web site and Licensees' Web Sites, certain information, including but not limited to: research tools including Analyzers, Educators, Planners, Solution Centers, Studies, Public Service Announcements, Issue Briefs, Notes, and information relating to personal finance (collectively, the "EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information"). Your use of the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information is entirely at your own risk and it is your sole responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information. Visitors of this web site should seek professional financial and legal assistance and shall not rely on the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information.
3. All EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information is provided "AS IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. The EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information contains statements and statistics that have been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, (including, but not limited to, information originated by EBRI or EBRI-ERF, licensed by EBRI or EBRI-ERF from information providers, or gathered by EBRI or EBRI-ERF from publicly available sources), but are not guaranteed as to accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing. Nor does EBRI or EBRI-ERF guarantee uninterrupted or error free information, or the security of this web site or that of the stored visitor data, or that any information, software, or other material accessible from or related to the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information is free of viruses, worms, or other harmful components.
4. EBRI or EBRI-ERF shall not be liable under any circumstances for lost profits, lost business, loss of business reputation, or any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, whether foreseeable or not, that result in any way from your use, non-use or reliance upon the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information, or that result from mistakes, omissions, interruptions or deletions of files, errors or defects in the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information, delays in operation, transmission or failure of performance. If you are dissatisfied with any EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information. Neither EBRI or EBRI-ERF nor the information providers shall have any liability, contingent or otherwise for the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information or for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance upon the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information or for interruption of any data, information, or other aspect of EBRI or EBRI-ERF web site. Neither EBRI or EBRI-ERF nor its information providers make any representations about the suitability of the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information, software, products, or services contained in EBRI or EBRI-ERF web site or Licensees' Web Sites. EBRI or EBRI-ERF does not endorse the views, opinions and recommendations included in the EBRI or EBRI-ERF web site or Licensees' Web Sites, give investment advice, or advocate the purchase or sale of any security or investment. The past performance of a mutual fund, stock, or investment strategy cannot guarantee its future performance. References to any specific securities do not constitute an offer to buy or sell securities.
5. The EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information is provided to you solely for your own informational purposes. You may not sub-license, resell, republish (including internet posting, electronic mailing, faxing, archiving in a public database, redistributing via a computer network, or in a printed form to third parties), reproduce, retransmit, disseminate, sell, broadcast, commercially exploit, or circulate the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information without the express written consent of EBRI or EBRI-ERF Nor may you use the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information for any unlawful purpose.
6. You may use the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information for your private, non-commercial use only.
7. EBRI or EBRI-ERF, its licensors, or information providers are the sole and exclusive owners of all right, title and interest, including trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade names, trade secrets and other intellectual property rights, in the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information. You may not copy, modify, adapt, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, sublicense or assign any aspect of the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information accessed via this service. You may not use, adopt or attempt to register anywhere in the world, whether alone or together with any other mark, symbol, or name, any EBRI or EBRI-ERF trade name or mark or service name or mark that is similar or confusingly similar to the EBRI or EBRI-ERF trademarks.
8. This Agreement shall for all purposes be governed, interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with the law of the District of Columbia, USA. You hereby agree that the courts located the District of Columbia, USA shall constitute the sole and exclusive forum for the resolution of any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the use of the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information or the EBRI or EBRI-ERF web site and you hereby consent to the jurisdiction of such courts and irrevocably waive any objections thereto. Regardless of where you access EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information, you agree to comply with all applicable laws of the United States of America, including those regarding the export of data. You are also responsible for complying with all other laws, rules and regulations that may be applicable to your use of the EBRI or EBRI-ERF Information.
9. EBRI or EBRI-ERF may deny you access to all or part of this service without notice if you engage in any conduct or activities that EBRI or EBRI-ERF believes in its sole and absolute discretion violates applicable law or any terms of this web site.
10. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless EBRI or EBRI-ERF, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, agents, representatives, employees, successors and assigns for, from and against any and all liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees), related to any violation of the terms and conditions by you or authorized users of your account.
11. If any portion of the terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable portion shall be construed in accordance with applicable laws as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties and the remainder of the provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
12. EBRI or EBRI-ERF's failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of the terms and conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of the terms and conditions.
13. EBRI or EBRI-ERF reserves the right in its sole discretion to change, modify, add or remove these terms and conditions in whole or in part and at any time.
Contacting EBRI or EBRI-ERF
If Web site users have any questions or concerns regarding this privacy statement or our information practices, please contact us at:
Phone: (202) 775-6322
Fax: (202) 775-6312
EBRI or EBRI-ERF
Attn: EBRI Website
1100 13th Street, NW Suite 800
Washington, DC 20005
- 401(k) Valuations Published: February 1, 2017 401(k) Balances and Changes Due to Market Volatility
- Data Book Last Updated: February 2013 A comprehensive collection of the most up-to-date benefit information available