- EBRI and its Education and Research Fund
- EBRI’s 30th Anniversary
- EBRI’s 25th Anniversary
- Honoraria for Presentations
- Letter from the President
- Use by non-members
- President’s Report
- Most Viewed
- EBRI Bibliography By Topic
- Data Book
- Facts from EBRI
- Fast Facts
- Issue Briefs
- Policy Books
- President’s Reports
- Press Releases
- Special Reports
- Benefit Bibliography
- Benefit FAQs
- Links to Other Internet Resources
- Reference Shelf
- Special Issues of Periodicals
- What’s New in Employee Benefits
FAQs About Benefits—General Overview
In aggregate, how much is spent on benefits in the United States?
See the Table 2.2 in Chapter 2 Finances of the Employee Benefit System in EBRI's Databook on Employee Benefits.
General Overview of Benefits
- What are the basic types of retirement plans?
- How much money is in retirement accounts, and how is it held?
- How many retirees receive work-related pensions?
- What's the current trend on pension payments?
- What are the trends in retirement plan coverage in the United States?
- Are the types of retirement plans changing?
- What are the trends in defined benefit pension plans?
Health Spending and Insurance Issues
- What has America spent on health care in recent years?
- Is the average American spending a growing amount on health?
- Are these averages indicative of what a typical family pays for medical care?
- Has the amount Americans spend directly on health been growing?
- Has responsibility for paying medical bills shifted over time?
- What do workers and employers pay for employment-based coverage?
- What do employers pay for health benefits as a percent of compensation?
- How does this pattern compare with what's found in other nations?
- Has the way health dollars are spent changed?
- How many Americans have health insurance?
- Where do Americans get their health insurance?
- Which workers are most likely to have employment-based coverage?
Other Benefit Issues
- 401(k) Valuations Published: September 1, 2016 401(k) Balances and Changes Due to Market Volatility
- Data Book Last Updated: February 2013 A comprehensive collection of the most up-to-date benefit information available