Register now for EBRI's upcoming webinars:
Student Loan Debt: Who Has It, What Is Its Impact,
and What Are Employers Doing to Help?
Over 1 in 5 American families have student loan debt, with over 40 percent of families with heads ages younger than 35 having student loan debt in 2019. However, the student loan debt is not just for families with younger heads, as the families with older heads are increasingly likely to have student loan debt. At the same time, this debt is predominately held by those with higher incomes, higher net worths, or more educated family heads. Yet, these families are disadvantaged relative to those of equal incomes and education, making it harder for them to save for retirement.
This webinar will look at who has the student loan debt, how it impacts retirement savings, and what employers are doing to help with student loan debt. The latest statistics on student loan debt incidence will be presented. Also, the various programs that employers are offering with regard to student loan debt will be discussed, including their use and potential effectiveness.
- Craig Copeland, Senior Research Associate, EBRI
- Josh Dietch, Vice President and Group Manager – Retirement Thought Leadership, T.Rowe Price
- TJ Donovan, Head of Sales — Gradifi by E*Trade, E*Trade Financial Corporate Service
- Kelsey Bradbury, Senior Research & Insights Consultant, Consumer Insights, Lincoln Financial Group, Moderator
- Date: Thursday, March 11, 2021
- Time: 2:00–3:00 p.m. Eastern
Unraveling the Retirement Nest-Egg Calculus: Why Do People Spend the Way They Do in Retirement?
Understanding not only how people spend in retirement but why they spend the way they do — including both behavioral and demographic drivers — helps employers and providers better identify the kinds of support that retirees need to navigate
the retirement landscape and achieve a satisfying life in retirement. To this end, EBRI’s upcoming webinar will explore findings from our recent Spending in Retirement Survey, which queried 2,000 individuals ages 62 to 75 about their spending
habits and their situation at and during retirement. We’ll also hear from experts in the retirement field, who will outline their approaches to understanding retirees’ spending habits, and facilitating better outcomes that suit retirees’
varying, and changing spending needs.
- Lori Lucas, President & CEO, EBRI
- Carlo Cordasco, National Field Director, Insights & Solutions Field Team, Nationwide
- Neil Lloyd, Western Canada Wealth Leader, Mercer, Moderator
- Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2021
- Time: 2:00–2:50 p.m. Eastern
Have you wished you could go behind the scenes and thoughtfully discuss EBRI’s webinar topics and findings as a group? Do you think additional Q&A and more conversation can create a more dynamic event? If so, join us for the After Show, where
members can slip behind our virtual red velvet rope for a more rewarding experience.
Date: March 24, 2021
Time: 2:50 p.m. Eastern
Register for webinar and After Show now (members only)!
The Three Certainties of Life: Death, Taxes, and Updates From EBRI’s HSA Database
Join EBRI and industry experts as we explore health savings account (HSA)-eligible health plans. Based on its unique database of more than 10 million HSAs, EBRI will shed light on the ways HSA accountholders contribute to, withdraw from, and invest their HSAs. We’ll also feature industry experts who will share their real-world observations on behaviors surrounding HSAs as well as public policy ramifications. This discussion will help not only plan sponsors but also providers and policymakers seeking to better understand strategies that can help improve utilization of HSAs and, ultimately, overall employee financial wellness.
- Paul Fronstin, Director of the Health Research and Education Program, EBRI
- Jake Spiegel, Research Associate, EBRI
- Phil Mason, Executive Vice President,Chief Operating Officer & Director Healthcare Services, UMB
- Roy Ranthum, President and Founder, HSA Consulting Services, LLC
Members Only After Show from 2:50 pm - 3:10 pm ET. — New Feature!
Have you wished you could go behind the scenes and thoughtfully discuss EBRI’s webinar topics and findings as a group? Do you think additional Q&A and more conversation can create a more dynamic event? If so, join us for the After Show, where members can slip behind our virtual red velvet rope for a more rewarding experience.
Register for the After Show (Only open to members)
- Date: Wednesday, April 7, 2021
- Time: 2:00–3:10 p.m. Eastern